Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Can You Hear Me NOW?: An Open Letter To The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Re: Public Safety, RF Radiation & Cell Phone Antennas

An Open Letter To The Federal Communications Commission (FCC): (Subject: The Immediate Public Health Hazard Posed By Excessive and Unsafe Levels of RF Radiation Emitted By Retail, Wall-Mounted Cell Phone Booster Antennas.) "November 22, 2016
Hello FCC Staff:

I am writing to share with you my concerns for the public health following a recent experience of mine.

I was sitting with a friend at a table in the courtyard of an open-air shopping center.  There are small restaurants on either side of the courtyard.  The exterior facades are all brick.  At one point, I leaned back in my chair and felt a significant amount of heat on my left shoulder and upper arm.  Initially, I assumed that I'd inadvertently sat beneath a nearby restaurant's patio heat-lamp.  A few moments later, when my friend and I got up to leave, I turned to my left, expecting to see a commercial heat-lamp behind me.  But, much to my surprise, there was no heat -lamp.  There was only a small, white, commercial cell-phone booster antenna mounted on the wall, about 7-ft. off of the ground.  I raised my arm, so that my hand was directly in front of it, and I immediately felt heat on my skin.

It was my understanding, from all that I've read on the subject, that cell-phones and wireless network devices are required by law to emit such a low amount of radiation as to not cause heating of human tissue.  I'd read that only large antennae - on rooftops or on hilltops were likely to emit enough (non-ionising?) RF radiation so as to noticeably heat and damage tissue - and that 's why maintaining distance from them is important.

Is there a specific department or office at the FCC that I should report this to?

My concern is that this antenna may be only of many that might be exposing countless men, women and children to a harmful amount of RF radiation on a daily basis.

I look forward to your response and appreciate any pertinent information you are able to provide.

Thank you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings From San Francisco!
Thanks For Reading Forget Big Brother...
I hope you find something herein that is informative, inspires interest, laughter, action and provides you with Gifts of Unknown Things.
Feel Free to Say "Hello!", Leave Comments, Offer Encouragement, Share a Funny or Related Item.
Best Wishes.
L.