Monday, May 29, 2006

NO SKATEBOARDING ON THE SIDEWALK? YEAH, RIGHT!
Current mood: awake
Category: Life

Forgive me, Father...For I have Skateboarded on the Sidewalk...

Have you seen the way some people drive ? (and I use the term "drive", loosely.) Not only that, there's only so many times I feel like drawing upon my unlearned but instantaneously developed, life-and limb-saving gymnastics skills to avoid the car doors suddenly thrown open in front of me. Not to mention, the cars pulling out from parallel parking spots (And to the lady on Cole Street, who just giggled (!) after a near-hit...I know where you live and I know what you drive.) And To Everyone who pulls out of parallel parking spots: Please. Don't Just Rely on your side mirror! Look! Turn your Head! That's why God gave you Eyes and a Neck!

Anyway, it's not like I terrorize the pedestrians...quite the opposite, in fact. Those pesky pedestrians, "Pod-people"- in particular, i-pods...check!, earplugs...check!, completely unaware of who and what is going on around them...CHECK!!

I mean, come on! The world is a Beautiful place... it isn't necessary to dull your awareness of it...in fact, to do so is a dangerous thing...
1)You won't hear skateboarders coming, as you meander and zig-zag along.
2)You won't hear emergency vehicles.
3)You won't hear that Really Cute stranger next to you giving you a sincere compliment.
4)You won't hear that Really Cute stranger next to you saying, "Look out for that speeding red light-runner!/runaway moving van/falling baby grand piano!"
5)This one is for the grrl's, especially: You won't hear that potential mugger/nutcase/predatory person who is right behind you and who everyone without earphones is aware of and avoiding.
O.K?
Whew! Thanks for letting me get that out of my system. I feel much better, now and much less likely to ....well, you know.

-Welcome to my World.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings From San Francisco!
Thanks For Reading Forget Big Brother...
I hope you find something herein that is informative, inspires interest, laughter, action and provides you with Gifts of Unknown Things.
Feel Free to Say "Hello!", Leave Comments, Offer Encouragement, Share a Funny or Related Item.
Best Wishes.
L.