Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The PRADA Connection: Weird Coincidence Or Proof that the End Times are Here?

Happy Monday!

Well... Actually it's now officially Tuesday...
But, saying "Happy Tuesday!" just doesn't feel the same...

Anyway... Back to My Blog:

"The PRADA Connection: Weird Coincidence Or Proof that the End Times are Here?"
(Insert Dramatic & Spooky Music in Background here.)

Last week, while I was hunting for inventory for my eBay page...

(For those who aren't aware... I sell vintage and designer clothes, shoes, etc. on eBay.
To check out my eclectic auctions, do an eBay member search for "SFGrrl283".)

... and I happened to acquire a great pair of authentic Prada shoes - in unworn condition - and for an unbelieveably reasonable price!
They're made of ultra-luxe suede and are in a shade of brilliant green.

Back at Home...
I examined them thoroughly, did some research on Prada (and their 'Prada-ucts') and then began creating a description of them for my eBay page listing.

It was my first encounter with the Italian Legend that is PRADA...
... and it got me thinking about another Italian of legend...
... The Pope!

And, I suddenly remembered watching a short, investigative segment somewhere on TV that looked into an alleged questionable connection between PRADA and the Pope.

Numerous people had noticed that the current CEO of the Catholic Church in Rome was frequently photographed with a stunning pair of glossy, red leather, PRADA loafers peeking out from underneath his robes... and some of them were voicing their concerns over him sporting a pair of shoes that cost more than what many people around the world can make in a year.

... A legitimate concern, I believe. Anyway, I forget what exactly the Vatican's explanation was for the Pope's posh peds... Something about it all being completely acceptable because PRADA donated the shoes, or maybe it was that PRADA's been shoeing the Pope's for years... whatever.

Anyway...
As I recalled this Papal-PRADA Connection...
The title of a recent best-selling-book-turned-movie came to mind...
"The Devil Wears PRADA"...

And, I couldn't help but ponder what it all meant...

What we know:

The Pope wears PRADA...
Photobucket
and...

The Devil Wears PRADA...



Photobucket
And...

No one has EVER seen both the Pope and the Devil in the same room... at the same time...

Hmmm...

Peace.
L.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings From San Francisco!
Thanks For Reading Forget Big Brother...
I hope you find something herein that is informative, inspires interest, laughter, action and provides you with Gifts of Unknown Things.
Feel Free to Say "Hello!", Leave Comments, Offer Encouragement, Share a Funny or Related Item.
Best Wishes.
L.