Saturday, March 17, 2012

"Jobs? What Jobs?" GOP States Pushing Lady Parts Legislation. (Video From The Rachel Maddow Show)

 "First, they came for women's health-care in Texas.

But, I didn't speak out. I didn't protest. Why should I? I don't live in Texas, therefore what they do in Texas doesn't affect me - not personally.


Then, they came for women's health care in Georgia.


But, I didn't speak out. I didn't protest. Why should I? I don't live in Georgia and what they do in Georgia doesn't affect me.


Then, they came for women's health care in South Dakota... in Indiana... in New Jersey...


And again, I simply did nothing, because I don't live in those states and nothing they do in them affects me.


And then, they came for women's health-care in Pennsylvania - where the (male) Governor (R) told the women of that state to: "Just close your eyes".

Despite my overwhelming desire to give the Gov. a (steel-toed boot) kick to the groin... I did nothing.
 
Why should I? I don't live in Pennsylvania. What they do in Pennsylvania doesn't affect me.
 
Then, they came for women's health-care in Louisiana.

And again, I did nothing. I don't live in Louisiana. So, whatever they're doing in Louisiana doesn't affect me.

In each of these instances, I took no action.

Sure, I may have thought, "Wow! That really sucks for the women who live there.".

I definitely felt for them...

But, beyond that, I did nothing.

I kept telling myself that it simply wasn't my problem.

I told myself that (thankfully) I don't live in those states, so whatever back-a**wards things they were doing in them just didn't affect me - not personally.

Even now, their festering march continues...

Today... tomorrow... next week... next month...
 
They keep coming for women's health-care...

And now? I'm beginning to worry."

*Sound familiar?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings From San Francisco!
Thanks For Reading Forget Big Brother...
I hope you find something herein that is informative, inspires interest, laughter, action and provides you with Gifts of Unknown Things.
Feel Free to Say "Hello!", Leave Comments, Offer Encouragement, Share a Funny or Related Item.
Best Wishes.
L.